The Mature Tree Program is an incentive to encourage homeowners to plant and maintain canopy trees. The City of Sarasota Tree Mitigation Fund will cover up to $500.00 of the cost of the tree once the $100.00 minimum deposit has been met.
- Residents will own the tree.
- Residents are responsible for watering and pruning maintenance. (Seasonal residents must make arrangements for watering)
- Selections will be limited to the list of approved trees. Palms are not included.
- Minimum tree size is 2” caliper. Grade #1 minimum.
- In accordance with the right tree, right location principle, planting location must be between the right-of-way and front plane of the house.
- Planting under utility wires will not be allowed in most cases.
- Residents are limited to one tree, per property, per calendar year.