The strength of CCNA comes from the collective efforts that our neighborhood leaders take to focus on issues that preserve and enhance our city’s neighborhoods, both individually and community wide. Being a CCNA Delegate requires being in touch with your neighborhood’s Officers, Board of Directors, resident members and others residing, working in, or owning property in your neighborhood.
- Attending Monthly CCNA Meetings and sharing update on issues or matters of concern, upcoming events and other neighborhood news.
- Sharing information from CCNA with your Officers and Board Members.
- Seeking opinions on pending CCNA motions, position statements, and resolutions with your Officers and Board Members.
- Facilitate getting your membership dues paid.
- Updating any changes in your neighborhood information (President and CCNA Delegates and Alternates names, email addresses and phone numbers, both with CCNA and with the City of Sarasota.
Issues will arise from time to time. CCNA, in the recent bylaws changes, has established an Issues Committee, a subset of the Board and the Membership, chaired by First Vice President, Jim Ludwig. The committee is working on policy and procedures for Delegates to identify and elevate your neighborhood issues to the CCNA Board of Directors. When available they will be published here.
Your CCNA Board of Directors District Reps are available to answer questions and assist their neighborhoods as needed. Email them directly by clicking on their name.
- District 1 Rep: Bob Rothbard – (Amaryllis Park, Bayou Oaks, Broadway Promenade, Gillespie Park, Park East, Rosemary District, SHA Residents Council)
- District 2 Rep: Dan DeLeo – (Avondale, Bay Island/Siesta, Bay Point Park, Bird Key, Cherokee Park, DSCA, Golden Gate Point, Granda, Harbor Acres, Hudson Bayou, Indian Beach/Sapphire Shores, John Ringling, Laurel Park, Lido Key, Lido Shores, McClellan Park, San Remo, Shoreland Woods, South Poinsettia Park, St. Armands, Tahiti Park)
- District 3 Rep: Kathy Kelley Ohlrich – (Alta Vista, Arlington Park, Glen Oaks Estates, Gen Oaks Ridge)