The City of Sarasota has 3 voting districts and a number of voting precincts. The 5 Member City Commission has 2-At Large Commissioners (Debbie Trice and Jen Ahearn-Koch) and each district has a commissioner representing that district. Mayor, Kyle Battie represents District 1, Vice Mayor, Liz Alpert represents District (2) and Erik Arroyo represents District 3.
City Commission, Boards and other Committee Meetings
Regular City Commission meetings are held on the first and third Monday of the month at 9:00 AM. Meetings will have a NOON lunch break, then resume until 5:00 PM. See the Meeting Schedule for the time of other meetings in the following 10 days. Upcoming Meetings:
- Agenda – the agenda has embedded inks to background documentation
- Video Link – some meetings and almost all Commission Meetings are broadcast “Live”, click on “In Progress” or “View Event”.
- eComments – are delivered to the Commissioners in a sorted packet and become part of the public record on that agenda item. eComments will be accepted for agenda items up until 72 hours prior to the start of a meeting.
- Archives: Minutes and a video link (if recorded) to all past meetings.
Other ways to get involved
Individuals can also provide public input in person during meetings at City Hall, 1565 First St., or via Zoom (email Clerk@SarasotaFL.gov by 5 p.m. the Friday prior to a regular City Commission meeting for instructions). Written comments can also be sent to the City Commission on any topic at any time by emailing CityCommissioners@SarasotaFL.gov.
City Commission meetings can be viewed live on the City’s website, on Access Sarasota television (Comcast channel 19, Frontier channel 32) and on the City’s Facebook page (search for “City of Sarasota, Government”).
For more information, contact the City Auditor and Clerk’s office at 941-263-6222 or Clerk@SarasotaFL.gov.
- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
- Bay Park Improvement Board (BPIB)
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of Rules & Appeals
- Charter Review Committee
- Citizen Advisory Network to the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
- Citizen Oversight Committee for Public School Facility Planning
- Citizens with Disabilities Advisory Board
- Citizen Tax Oversight Committee\
- City Commission
- City Representative on the Sarasota County Stormwater Environmental Utility Advisory Committee (SEUAC)
- Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA)
- Downtown Improvement District Board of Directors
- Employee Retirement Account Committee
- External Auditor Selection Committee
- Firefighters’ Pension Fund Board of Trustees
- General Employees Pension Fund Board of Trustees
- Historic Preservation Board
- Human Relations Board
- Independent Police Advisory Panel
- Newtown Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Advisory Board
- Nuisance Abatement Board
- Parks, Recreation & Environmental Protection Advisory Board
- Planning Board/Local Planning Agency
- Police Complaint Committee
- Police Officers Pension Fund Board of Trustees
- Public Art Committee
- Sarasota Housing Authority Board of Commissioners
- St. Armands Business Improvement District (BID) Board of Directors
- Advisory Boards and Committees Application Form