The community is invited to participate in the grand reopening celebration for Bobby Jones Golf Club and Nature Park from 9 a.m. to noon Friday, Dec. 15 at the restored historic municipal golf course and new nature park, 1000 Circus Blvd.
The free, family-friendly event will include:
- Self-guided tours of the 199-acre golf course restored to the original layout as designed by famed golf architect Donald Ross
- Guided and self-guided tours of the 90-acre nature park
- Remarks from local dignitaries committed to enhancing water quality, conservation and recreation
- Ceremonial first ball tee-off
- Commemorative keepsake for the first 450 attendees
“This will be a day to celebrate and remember,” said Mayor Liz Alpert. “Our historic municipal golf course has been restored and is a beautiful amenity for the community. The new wetlands already are cleaning stormwater and attracting wildlife. And the nature park and trails will be a destination for birders, bicyclists, and walkers. With a conservation easement on the property, it will be protected in perpetuity. There’s no question Bobby Jones will be an urban oasis for those who enjoy green space and being outdoors for generations to come.”