Applications now accepted for Van Wezel Ad Hoc Blue Ribbon Committee
Following the City Commission’s unanimous approval to create a Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall Ad Hoc Blue Ribbon Committee, applications are now being accepted for consideration.
The Ad Hoc Blue Ribbon Committee (also known as a Purple Ribbon Committee) will study financially sustainable options for the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall as well as the use, purpose, and lease of the facility.
The committee will be comprised of seven members from the following categories:
- 1 individual with expertise in architecture and also with expertise in the design of performing arts centers and the reuse of large public structures and buildings
- 1 individual with expertise in historical preservation
- 1 individual with expertise in civil structural engineering
- 1 individual with financial expertise in the field of the performing arts
- 1 individual with expertise in climate adaptation, FEMA and flood plains
- 2 individuals who are residents of the City of Sarasota
An online application is available on the Ad Hoc Van Wezel Blue Ribbon Committee website. Click ‘Apply’ to complete the application.
Applications must be submitted by June 15, 2023. The City Commission will then appoint the seven committee members.